Welcome 2016 and Baby Mathilda!

HOLA! It's a brand new year and I am thankful for everything that happened in 2015.

Everything went really smooth in year 2015 which I am truly thankful for. Though everything happened at one go was really tough but I'm glad I made the right choice. I took my courage and faced this life time challenge, which is to be a mother of one. And besides that challenge, I also have another which is to be the best mom I can be for my girl.

The second right choice I've made was having the right person in my life. Back then everything was unplanned and we didn't make any haste decision, thus we actually sat down to discuss our long term future. I'm really glad he's now part of my life also a changed person which I could see the changes in him after all these years.

Last year was like a roller coaster but nevertheless many happy moments happened where I really enjoy the midst of pregnancy when Mathilda moves, kicks and wriggles in my tummy. Also, not forgetting our big day on 26/07/2015.




Delivering Process


Admission

I'm required to admit at 5.30 in the morning on 05/12 and was rather late on that day. But still manage to report at KKH delivery suite at 6.00am. My mind was literally blank and empty, nervousness was the only feeling I have at the period of time. I was told that I couldn't have any food or drinks for a straight 3 hours during the monitoring period of induction, hence my mom, Javin and I proceed to Kopitiam to have breakfast before I get admitted.

Waiting

Waited for hours till I've lost count on how long I've waited for the contractions to kick in. What I remembered was I'm always getting informed on how many pills was inserted and checks on the number of centimeters my cervix dilated. The duration was really horrible because it's literally like a waiting game.

Labour

Unexpectedly things happened in the evening as my water bag leaked while having my dinner half way through in the ward. I quickly ring for nurse and was lucky that my mom is around to help me out.

Thereafter, I took a quick bath and was sent to labour ward for further monitoring. Was told that my contractions went off and the nurse inserted the third pill in me. The maximum pain rating I encountered was 6/10 and we waited for hours for my cervix to dilate.

Initially, I opt for normal delivery but after more than 24 hours of wait and with my cervix still at 1cm, I decided to quit the waiting game and opt for caesarean section.

I was then pushed to operation theatre feeling superb nervous at the period of time. Was told that nobody is allowed to accompany me in the operation theatre as it was KKH's rules and regulation, hence my mom and hub have to wait outside till my op ends. The whole process took about half and hour and I was sent to monitoring ward before being send to my ward. The nurses and doctors there are really experienced and they calm me down throughout the operation process.

Shocking

Everything went fine during the operation. The moment my gynae hold up my baby and said "here's the baby!" The first gift I received from my baby was a sneeze with water sprinkled on my face... Her eyes gaze into mine and she continued gazing without blinking till the nurse bring her for clean up.

My gynae then told me that I'm lucky that I opt for c-section as her umbilical cord coiled two rounds around the neck. I was extremely shock and relieved at the same time.. Thankfully baby is fine! This was also one of the reason why I'm unable to go for a normal delivery. He himself was also shocked telling me that he didn't find any unusual symptoms happening and her heartbeat was normal for the past 8 months of check-ups.

While I'm having my wound stitching up, the nurse brought her back to me after cleaning up and asked me to check on her little hand and feet. Baby Mathilda continue gazing into my eyes without getting distracted by her, thus I did a quick check because I'm really "seh" (tired/weak) and was shivering at the moment due to the side effects of epidural.

Thankful

Being a mother wasn't easy which I experienced how/what my mom had gone through. I'm thankful that I've the best mom around and I really appreciate everything she'd done for me all these years. In addition, I would also like to thank KKH's staff, nurses, doctors and not forgetting my gynae Dr Koo CK!



Follow me on instagram if you would like to view more of Mathilda's snapshots!
Thanks for reading, till then!

Share:

0 comments