Happiness came early

As promised I'm doing a beauty product review but first lemme share some joy..
I'm GETTING MARRIED!

Past two weeks on my birthday, I met up with my usual girls to celebrate as bae is in camp. He was unable to apply leave as his platoon carries out an important activity. So I told him to go ahead without feeling angry nor sad.

Decided to meet up with the girls since bae couldn't make it.. Its really cute that they kept asking me which particular place/restaurant I would like to go.. They didn't expect my answer was a place which I would say everybody would regularly go to. My answer wasn't any high end restaurants but a place which every 80s/90s kid would call that a fast food restaurant back then. YES.. I chose McDonalds.

They're shocked and was wondering why I would want to celebrate my birthday there.. Simply because..
1. Memories
2. Affordable
3. Who doesn't love mac's fries?

When I was a kid, I wasn't raised under a wealthy family and back then McDonalds meal were quite costly. My parents would always feed us (elder brother and I) with either home cooked food or packed food to settle our meals. We didn't once complain that home cooked food was awfully prepared instead, we find that it's always the best meal afterall compared to any fast food/packed food outside.

McDonalds didn't came into the picture even when our birthday arrives. After filling our stomach with home cooked food, we are more than thankful to have a cake, followed by a stick of candle lighting up and birthday song sang by our parents and grandma.

Every now and then, I still miss my grandma's cooking and would always crave for them. If time could rewind, I would want her to prepare home cooked food everyday even on every of my birthday.

Hey grandma, I miss you.. Hope you're doing well.

Moving on..

As we graduated three months back, its really tough for us to meet up due to our busy schedule. I felt guilty as some of them applied leave just to celebrate my birthday.

Right after dinner, they mentioned to chill out at Sentosa Boardwalk and so I agreed.

As we chatted along while walking toward the middle of the Sentosa Boardwalk.. a group of people pop out and sang birthday song. While looking down on the wooden flooring, I continue walking as I thought some strangers behind us had their birthday falls on the same day as mine.. thinking that it would be great if I'm actually the one who got surprise. My friend tapped me and say "ehh where you going? You see" pointing towards the group of people.

I'm stunned, shocked and speechless to see my boyf and his camp mates there surprising me with an ugly drawn board saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" & "WILL YOU MARRY ME".

Out of nowhere, a foreign tourist suddenly came toward us and ask for a picture and we obliged.

I was looking for him as his camp mates were blocking and I felt really short among them all at the point of time.

To my surprise, he came up with a bouquet of flowers and kneel down with a box and a ring inside. I'm astound and doesn't know how to react..

At the meantime, I'm kept saying "I.... I.... I.... I.........." because I totally have no idea how to react in such situation.

And yeap I said "Yes".

Made a wish and cut the cake in the middle of the Boardwalk.. some people find it weird but I don't. It's quite special where nobody would thought of and I'm happy that it was done in a less/no crowd area because I don't like attention where numbers of eyes are looking at you and everybody knows you're getting married.

It doesn't really matter whether the board is ugly drawn, its the effort and team work that matters.

He never fails to astonish me on every special event, thank you my love.

Not forgetting a big thank you to everybody's hard work, time and effort. I'm really amaze with the teamwork despite being so tired after the ndp costume fixing and sleepless night.


Thank you!

Share:

0 comments